The Peter F. Smith Memorial Scholarship
UBI Federal Credit Union accepts applications for the Peter F. Smith Memorial Scholarship annually from January 1st through May 15th. Three $500.00 scholarships will are awarded based on academics as well as community or school voluntary activities. This scholarship is not solely based on academics; community or school voluntary activity is equally important.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a UBI Federal Credit Union member in good standing (joint members not qualified).
- Attending or accepted into an accredited college, university or vocational school.
- Display achievement in school or community-related voluntary activities.
- Demonstrate respect and commitment to family and friends.
This award must be used for educational purposes. Applications must be received by May 15th.
- Fill out scholarship application form.
- Include a personal letter to the scholarship committee telling them a little about yourself.
- Include two letters of recommendation:
- If you are a student, one letter must be from a teacher or guidance counselor. The second must be from someone that knows you personally.
- If you are a working adult, one letter must be from your employer or supervisor. The second letter must be from a personal friend, family member or member of the community.
Application Due Date:
- Applications are available on or near the 1st of each year.
- Applications must be received by May 15
Scholarship applications are available by walking into our Plainville or Berlin offices, or you may call Guy at 860-793-4113 or Kathy at 860-793-4100 to request one.